Institute of Development Policy (UAntwerp)
28 août à 17:05«
Opening Event 2019: Graduation | Prize for Development Cooperation
|The Institute of Development Studies (IOB) at UAntwerp warmly invites you to its annual Opening Event, which includes the graduation ceremony of academic year 2018-2019 and the Prizes for Development Cooperation of the Province of Antwerp on Monday 16 September 2019.
- 15:30: Welcome, registration and coffee
- 16:00: Introduction and presentation of the Prize winners by Linde Roels, head of staff service for the provincial Development and Education Department
- Awarding of the Prizes for Development Cooperation of the Province of Antwerp by Luk Lemmens, deputy for the Province of Antwerp
- Keynote speaker: Daniel Agramont (IOB Alumnus) “The growing Chinese presence in Latin America and its (Geo)political implications”
- Opening of IOB’s 2019-2020 academic year by Herman Van Goethem, rector of the University of Antwerp
- Public announcement of the results of IOB’s 2018-2019 graduating students by Stef Vandeginste, programme director
- Speech by an IOB student representative
- 18.00: Reception
Prizes for Development Cooperation
Since 1996 the Province of Antwerp has been awarding its Prizes for Development Cooperation on an annual basis. The prizes are intended to promote development studies in economic, political, social, legal, cultural and environmental fields, and in the field of public health and human and animal medicine. All students enrolled in the master (after master) programmes at the University of Antwerp or at the Institute of Tropical Medicine are eligible. The deputation selects a jury which evaluates the submitted theses according to a number of criteria. Each of the winners receives a cash prize of 850 euro.
Aula Rector Dhanis Stadscampus – building K
Kleine Kauwenberg 14-22